- 4 November, 2013
GS1-EAN128 PALET LABELS (identification of goods)Definition: The GS1 coding standards are based on the principle of non-ambiguity. That requires each variant item must have unique code that allows always to identify it by any partner of supply chain, mainly the end-consumer.
GS1-EAN128 PALET LABELS (identification of goods)
It is necessary to obtain a GS1 Company Prefix to create a unique SSCC code and then pattern of SSCC codes are created.
- Area acode: variable between 0 and 9, inclusive, configurable by the company that generates the logistic unit.
- GS1 Company Prefix + Sequential number: 16 digit number consisting of the GS1 Company Prefix (it guarantees the uniqueness of the SSCC code) and a sequential number that allows serializate units. Depending on the length of the GS1 Company Prefix, the sequence number shall consist of a maximum of 9 digits, and a minimum of 6 digits.
- Check digit: digit generated from a mathematical algorithm derived from previous number scheme.
NOTE: The SSCC code is assigned by the company that creates the logistics unit and not by the owner of the product trademark. The code is valid one year from the moment of issuance of the unit.
The SSCC (Serial Shipping Container Code) or Serial Shipping Unit Code. The SSCC allows both identify and serializate logistic units.
The logistic unit is defined as a kind of commercial units composition destined to be transported and/or storaged, which has to be managed through the supply chain.
Basic rules of creation of the GS1 Logistics Label:
- The IA (01) must be in the first line of the barcode lines in the first position.
- The IA (02) must be in the first line of bar code in the first position, along with IA (37).
- The IA (00) must be in the last line of bar code in the first position.
Recommendations for concatenation of application identifiers:
- To locate the IAs with variable length in the last position of the barcode line.
- To locate the IAs that contain letters in the last position of the barcode line.
46988 P.I. Fuente del Jarro · PATERNA (Valencia)